- Course Fee Cost | $1,800.00
- Type | Private Training
- Time | 4 Days
The curriculum is based on our 8 week evening makeup course.
People who attended this course
- Wanting to learn makeup for personal use
- For a creative outlet
- Special occasion makeup for small business ventures
- Beauty Therapists wanting to gain more confidence and up skill in makeup techniques
- Those considering a full time career as a Professional makeup artist often start with this course before enroling
in our full time diploma
- People who are unable to attend classes on a weekly basis
- Those who live away from Auckland or NZ and wish to train in a condensed period of time
If two people book in for a four day workshop the fee is reduced by $200.00 each.
All makeup and skin care products are provided in this course. M.A.C makeup and Dermalogica skin care are used in the course. Brushes are provided during training, alternatively a 26 piece professional TMS brush ($280.00 inc gst) or a 12 piece personal TMS brush set ($169.00) can be purchased from our shop. Individual brushes are also available for sale. You are welcome to bring your own brushes if you have a set.
A model will be required for days 2, 3 and 4.
You will receive hand outs each lesson but a pen and paper for any note taking is also a good idea.
- Preparing a client for makeup application
- Brushes use and care
- Eyebrow shaping
- Understanding foundations and how to mix them correctly
- Face shapes
- Powder application
- Correcting different eye shapes
- Eye shadow
- Blusher & contouring
- Lip techniques
- Natural day makeup
- Wedding makeup: how to go about client consultation and charging out rates
- Fashion Makeup
- Working with colour and various mediums to create different looks
- Individual eyelashes
- Evening makeup
- The classic smoky eye and full false eyelashes
To be able to start a course at The Makeup School an acceptable/accomplished level of English is required, both written & verbal.
Fees must be paid in full one week prior to the start date.
You will be required to bring in a model. Please check with TMS for futher details.
To complete this workshop, and to receive your certificate, you must complete the course in full. Private catch up lessons can be arranged at $60.00 per hour.
To start this course you must be 16 years and over. If under 18, this form must be completed by your legal parent or guardian.
Please call The Makeup School on 09 376 6660 to discuss whether this is the right course for you. You must also check date and time availability before filling out the application form.
Students enrolling for the Four Day Workshop are NOT required to attend an interview and will automatically be accepted once a start date has been confirmed with TMS.
Complete the Application Form
You must now complete the Application Form and submit to The Makeup School along with your non refundable deposit of $200. This deposit will secure your place on this course.
Balance of the total amount must be paid in full one week prior to commencement of training.
Please note the application must have all questions answered.
Download the Student Handbook
Prior to your interview you will need to download and read the 2017 Student Handbook and make note of any questions you might have regarding the course.
Once your application has been received an invoice will be emailed to you confirming your enrolment on this course.Back to details Apply now