- Course Fee Cost | $450.00
- Type | Group Training
- Time | 4 Weeks
This is a part-time course held on one evening a week to learn how to apply your own makeup.
People who attend this course
- Want to learn makeup for personal use (you will be working on yourself)
- Want to gain confidence in applying their own makeup
- Love experimenting with makeup!
- Have never been taught how to do their makeup properly
- Are looking for a creative outlet
- Want to learn in a enjoy a fun and social environment
- Want to learn with a friend - this is a great course to do with someone else!
This is a fun course that has been designed for people who want to learn how to apply makeup for themselves. Classes are held in our main studio, over 4 weeks. Every lesson you will receive a full step by step demonstration where you will progress weekly on how to apply:
- Beautiful glowing Natural makeup
- Enhance into a quick on the go evening look
- Smokey eye for those special occasions
- Individual, half & full lash application (this is optional).
All makeup and skin care products are provided in class for use during your lessons. M.A.C makeup and Dermalogica skin care are used in the course. If you would prefer to use your own makeup you are welcome to bring it for each lesson. An overview document of what you will learn over the 4 weeks will be sent to you prior to your first class.
Items you are required to provide for this course:
- Station towel for makeup set up
- Individual, ½ and full false lashes (optional)
- Your own cotton buds, tissues and cotton pads for each lesson
- Your own makeup brushes
- A pad and pen for note taking
All of these items (except Mascara) are available to purchase from our Makeup Collective store in person, or online at www.makeupcollective.co.nz A 12pc MyKitCo Brush Set can also be purchased from our shop on the first evening of your course for a special student price of $241.80 (valued at $370.00 if purchased individually), and we also sell individual makeup brushes.
Our makeup partner M.A.C have also put together two M.A.C Pro kit options exclusive for students on this course to order!
- Option 1 - M.A.C Pro Personal Starter Kit - RRP $713.00 exclusive to students on this course for $463.45; or
- Option 2 - M.A.C Pro Personal Extended Kit - RRP $873.00 exclusive to students on this course for $567.45
- As this is a short course for personal training, we are unable to provide catch up lessons
- A certificate is not issued for this course
Course Dates and Timetable
|March 2022||Monday||6:00pm - 9:00pm||7 Mar 2022||28 Mar 2022||PP15|
|June 2022||Monday||6:00pm - 9:00pm||13 Jun 2022||4 Jul 2022||PP16|
|November 2022||Monday||6:00pm - 9:00pm||7 Nov 2022||28 Nov 2022||PP17|
- Importance of skin preparation
- Brush use and care
- Eyebrow shaping
- Understanding foundations and how to mix them correctly
- Powder application
- Completion of a natural day makeup
- Blusher & contouring
- Lip techniques
- Individual lashes
- Natural to evening Makeup
- Lip focus
- Liquid liner
- Half lash application
- Smokey eye
- Contouring the face
- Full lash application
- Natural and bold lip
To be able to start a course at The Makeup School an acceptable/accomplished level of English is required, both written & verbal.
Fees must be paid in full one week prior to the start date.
To start this course you must be 16 years and over. If under 18, this form must be completed by your legal parent or guardian.
Please call The Makeup School on 09 376 6660 to discuss whether this is the right course for you. You must also check date and time availability before filling out the application form.
Students enrolling for the Four Week Workshop are NOT required to attend an interview and will automatically be accepted once a start date has been confirmed with TMS.
Complete the Application Form
You must now complete the Application Form and submit to The Makeup School along with your non refundable deposit of $200. This deposit will secure your place on this course.
Balance of the total amount must be paid in full one week prior to commencement of training.
Please note the application must have all questions answered.
Download the Student Handbook
Please download and read the Student Handbook and let us know if you have any questions regarding the course.
Once your registration form and registration fee has been received an invoice/receipt will be emailed to you confirming your enrolment on this course.Back to details Apply now