- Course Fee Cost | $11,690.00
- Type | Full Time Course
- Time | 17weeks
- * payment plan available
Our diploma course is designed to provide students with the skills, knowledge and confidence to succeed as a professional makeup artist and hairstylist. This course stresses the “hands on” approach to learning.
Classes are structured with theory discussions, power point imagery, observation of demonstrations followed by application of techniques in practical working sessions. Students will be assessed throughout the course and at the end of their training with both practical and written exams. Individuality and creating an original working style are encouraged. By completing our curriculum along with a dedication to study and learning you will achieve a high degree of competency on completion.
For 2015 courses (FT15 and FT16), the course fee includes your starter kit (including M.A.C Cosmetics) and a TMS 26 piece professional brush set, GHD Straighteners and GHD Hair Dryer, Dolly Head and clamp, 19mm Curling Tongs, Hotrollers and clamps, and a thermal pouch/pad. The school will supply industry standard makeup products including all M.A.C Cosmetics for beauty and fashion work. Hair products will also be provided for your use during training. Any day trips or guest speakers/demonstrator costs are included in your course fees including professional photographs of your body painting work and final fashion exams.
The Full Time Diploma is made up of 5 modules.
Module A: Professional Makeup
- Skin care
- Face Shapes
- Brow shaping
- Product knowledge
- Colour theory and Psychology
- Nude makeup
- Natural day makeup
- Evening makeup
- Fashion/Editorial makeup
- False eyelashes
- Fantasy makeup
- Body washing
- Body painting
- High definition makeup
- Stills photographic makeup (colour and black & white)
- Makeup for men; actors, presenters and models
- Facial hair trimming
- Mature makeup
Module B: Wig and Hair Styling
- Product knowledge and hair care
- Understanding face shapes and profiles
- Catwalk hair design
- Straightening, how to create different curl formations
- Setting hair using Velcro and hot rollers
- Up Styles both traditional and contemporary
- Working with tools of the trade i.e. blow-drying techniques
- Blocking, washing and caring for wigs
- Human hair, synthetic and lace front wigs
- Application of facial hair
- Application of stunt wigs and ¾ wigs
- Application of hairpieces and temporary hair extensions
Module C: Period Makeup
- Research and design of historical makeup
- Makeup application for various periods e.g. Elizabethan, 1920, 40’s, 60’s and 80’s
Module D: Special Effects Makeup
- Product knowledge (understanding industry products)
- Subtle aging makeup
- Theatrical aging makeup
- Blood types and application
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree burns
- Tattoo application and coverage
- Dirtying down, sweat, sunburn, windburn, death makeup
- Bruising, old and new scars, cuts and scratches
- Stab wounds, bullet wounds and split lip
Module E: Industry Standards
- Film and Television job descriptions
- Working on a film set and set protocol
- Breaking down a script and understanding continuity
- Talks by various industry professionals
- Business/freelance skills for TV, film and fashion
- Working in retail
In order to train on a Full Time Course at The Makeup School, you must be a New Zealand citizen, hold a New Zealand residence permit, be an Australian citizen, hold a current Australian permanent resident visa or current Australian resident return visa.
To be able to start a course at The Makeup School an acceptable/accomplished level of English is required, both written & verbal.
Once a course is commenced fees must be paid in full according to the payment option chosen.
Students participating in this course must provide a copy of their current passport, driver’s license or photo ID, at the time of the interview.
To start this course you must be 16 years and over. If under 18, this form must be completed by your legal parent or guardian.
Please call The Makeup School on 09 376 6660 to check the availability of spaces before filling out the application
form for this course. If you are an international student please contact The Makeup School Ltd.
Complete the Application Form
After confirming the availability of spaces on the course please complete the Application Form (which is accessible via the link below) and submit to The Makeup School.
Please note the application must have all questions answered. Once your application has been received you will be contacted by the school as all students applying for this course are required to attend an interview.
If you are under 18 years of age then a guardian will need to attend the interview with you. At the interview the content of the course curriculum and any Incidental Expenses will be explained and any questions you may have will be answered.
Course Acceptance and Registration Payment
If accepted into the course you will notified of this. You will then need to pay your registration fee immediately in order to secure your place. An invoice will be emailed to you confirming your enrolment on this course.Back to details Apply now