- Course Fee Cost | $850.00
- Type | Part Time
- Time | 8 Evening Classes
- Humm Buy Now, Pay Later and Q Mastercard are available to eligible applicants.
Learn how to use hot styling tools and achieve beautiful results! Whether you're learning for yourself, are a makeup artist wanting to learn new skills, or a hairdresser wanting a refresher course, this workshop is designed for you.
Over 8 evenings you'll learn a variety of styling techniques to achieve beautiful polished finishes and different textured looks using hair dryers, straightening irons, curling tongs and hot rollers.
Students attending this course can also purchase GHD items at discounted student rates.
What to Bring
All hairstyling products are provided in class for your use during your lessons. You'll receive handouts for each lesson and you should bring a pen and notepad.
The following items can be purchased individually from our Makeup Collective store. If you would like to purchase the total kit please pre-order (and pay for) this 4 weeks before your course start date.
- Cutting cape
- Large paddle brush
- Medium barrel brush 38mm
- Ceramic tong 19mm
- Hot Roller 24 Rollers - 3 sizes (20mm, 25mm, 30mm)
- Hot Roller Clamp 24pc
- Thermal Pouch/Pad for hot tools
- Ionic Steel Tail Comb
- Teasing/Postiche Brush
- Kiepe Comb 205mm x 45mm
- Plastic Butterfly clips 80mm wide (pk 6)
- Sectioning Clip Black 100mm (pk 6)
- Salon Towel (black)
- SL Volume Fixer Hairspray 400ml
- Mannequin Head and Clamp (optional as we supply these for your use on the course)
- Hair dryer (we recommend GHD)
- Hair straightener (we recommend GHD)
- Your course fees can be paid in full, with humm, or Q Mastercard. More information on payment options is here.
- You will be required to bring in a long-haired model for your final lesson.
- All students must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend the school. View our COVID-19 vaccination policy here.
Course Dates and Timetable
|August 2022||Monday||6:00pm-9:00pm||29 Aug 2022||17 Oct 2022||HB17|
- Product knowledge
- Shampooing and conditioning
- Understanding face shapes and profiles
Blowdrying & Hot Styling Tools
- Blowdrying to create a silky straight finish
- Blowdrying to create height, body and movement
- Blowdrying to create texture
- Using straightening irons
- Using curling tongs to create different looks
- Using hot rollers to create volume and soft movement
- Creating a syle of your choice (model required)
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and show evidence of this to attend the school.
Once a course has commenced all fees must be paid in full according to the payment option chosen.
You must be 16 years and over to attend this course. If under 18, your Application Form must be completed by your legal parent or guardian.
Once your application has been received you will be contacted by the school. Students applying for this course are not required to attend an interview.
If accepted into the course we'll email you an Acceptance Letter outlining everything you need to complete your Registration, including details on paying your non-refundable registration fee to secure your place.
If the student withdraws from the course the following Withdrawal Fees apply:
- Course withdrawal 36 days or more prior to course commencement: The student will be refunded all monies paid for their course fee to date less the non-refundable Registration Fee.
- Course withdrawal 22 - 35 days prior to course commencement: The student will be refunded all monies paid for their course fee to date less a $100.00 Withdrawal Fee and the non-refundable Registration Fee.
- Course withdrawal 21 days or less prior to course commencement: The student will be refunded all monies paid for their course fee to date less a $200.00 Withdrawal Fee and the non-refundable Registration Fee.
Back to details Apply now