- Course Fee Cost | $870.00
- Type | Part Time Course
- Time | 8 weeks
- * payment plan available
This 8 week evening part-time Introduction to Professional Makeup course is an entry level course for beginners, set in a friendly, relaxed class environment.
People who attend this course
- Want to learn makeup to apply on other people (each lesson you will be required to be a model for other students)
- Are looking for a creative outlet
- Want to learn special occasion makeup for small business ventures
- Might be Beauty Therapists wanting to gain more confidence and up skill in makeup techniques
- Those considering a full time career as a Professional makeup artist often start with this course before enrolling in our full time diploma
All makeup and skin care products are provided in class for use during your lessons. M.A.C makeup and Dermalogica skin care are used in this course. You will receive hand outs for each lesson but a pen and paper for any note taking is also a good idea.
A 12pc MyKitCo Brush Set can also be purchased from our shop on the first evening of your course for a special student price of $241.80 (valued at $370.00 if purchased individually), and we also sell individual makeup brushes.
Our makeup partner M.A.C have also put together two M.A.C Pro kit options exclusive for students on this course to order!
- Option 1 - M.A.C Pro Personal Starter Kit - RRP $873.00 exclusive to students on this course for $567.45; or
- Option 2 - M.A.C Pro Personal Extended Kit - RRP $1,366.00 exclusive to students on this course for $887.90
Course Dates and Timetable
|February 2022||Tues||6:00pm-9:00pm||22 Feb 2022||12 Apr 2022||PT78|
|June 2022||Tues||6:00pm-9:00pm||7 Jun 2022||26 Jul 2022||PT79|
|September 2022||Tues||6:00pm-9:00pm||20 Sep 2022||25 Oct 2022||PT80|
- Preparing a client for makeup application
- Brushes use and care
- Eyebrow shaping
- Understanding foundations and how to mix them correctly
- Face shapes, eyes shapes
- Eye shadow
- Blusher and contouring
- Lip techniques
- Natural day makeup - look 2
- Wedding makeup: how to go about client consultation and charging out rates
- Wedding makeup - look 2
- Evening makeup - look 1
- Lip focus
- Individual lashes
- Evening makeup - look 2
- The classic smoky eye
- Nude lip
- 1/2 false eyelash application
To be able to start a course at The Makeup School an acceptable/accomplished level of English is required, both written & verbal.
Once a course is commenced fees must be paid in full according to the payment option chosen.
Male students only may be required to provide a female model for this course. (Please check with TMS for futher details.)
To complete this course, and to receive your certificate, you must complete the course with only one lesson missed. Private lessons can be arranged with a minimum of a 3 hour lesson. Please refer to private training under courses.
To start this course you must be 16 years and over. If under 18, this form must be completed by your legal parent or guardian.
Please call The Makeup School on 09 376 6660 to check the availability of spaces before filling out the application
form for this course.
Students enrolling for this course are NOT required to attend an interview and will automatically be accepted if a place is available.
Complete the Application Form
After confirming the availability of spaces on the course you must complete the Application Form and submit to The Makeup School along with your non refundable deposit of $100. This deposit will secure your place on the course.
Please note the application must have all questions answered.
Download the Student Handbook
Prior to your interview you will need to download and read either the Student Handbook and make note of any questions you might have regarding the course.
Once your application and registration payment has been received an invoice/receipt will be emailed to you confirming your enrolment on this course.Back to details Apply now