- Course Fee Cost | $4,990.00
- (including kit)
- Type | Full Time Course
- Time | 7 weeks
- * payment plan available
If you have a passion for makeup and dream of working in retail for a fabulous makeup brand this course is for you. The Retail Makeup Certificate is a full time 7 week course that will provide you with an understanding and the skill base required to work in retail and special occasion makeup. Classes are structured with theory discussions, power point imagery, observation of demonstrations followed by application of techniques in a daily practical working session.
***Course Code RF02A takes a break from Tuesday 24 December 2019 and starts again on Monday 6 January 2020***
The advantages of studying this course.
- It only takes 7 weeks to complete
- You are qualified to work in the Retail Industry as a makeup artist/sales assistant
- You can combine working in retail with other special occasion freelance work
- There is a high demand for artists working in Retail
To be a Makeup Artist in Retail it requires the following attributes are useful:
- Have a passion for makeup
- Have good communication skills
- Work well under pressure
- Be a strong team player
- Enjoy working with people
- Have a strong work ethic
The kit fee includes your starter kit (including M.A.C Cosmetics) and a 12 piece MYKITCO professional brush set. (NB: The kit cost may change without notice). The school will provide industry standard makeup products including all M.A.C Cosmetics for beauty and fashion work. Any guest speakers/demonstrator costs are included in your course fees.
- Brush Care
- Skin Care
- Product Knowledge
- Eyebrow Shaping & grooming
- Facial Anatomy
- Colour Theory, Colour Wheel
- Colour Psychology
- Foundations & application techniques
- Face Shapes
- Natural Day Application
- Working with High Definition cameras
- Face charts
- Natural Makeup for Editorial work using
- Light-Reflecting Products
- Evening makeup
- Mature makeup
- Individual & Full Eyelash application
- Wedding makeup
- Ball makeup
- Fashion makeup & trends
- Catwalk makeup & Backstage
- Black & white photography
- Male Makeup
- Fantasy eye makeup
- Quick in store makeup touch up techniques
- Working in Retail
- Sales skills
- Practical exams
To be able to start a course at The Makeup School an acceptable/accomplished level of English is required, both written & verbal.
Once a course is commenced fees must be paid in full according to the payment option chosen.
To start this course you must be 16 years and over. If under 18, this form must be completed by your legal parent or guardian.
Please call The Makeup School on 09 376 6660 to check the availability of spaces before filling out the application
form for this course. If you are an international student please contact The Makeup School Ltd.
Complete the Application Form
After confirming the availability of spaces on the course please complete the Application Form (which is accessible via the link below) and submit to The Makeup School.
Please note the application must have all questions answered.
You will need to pay your registration fee immediately in order to secure your place. An invoice will be emailed to you confirming your enrolment on this course.Back to details Apply now