- Course Fee Cost | $2,400.00
- Type | Full Time
- Time | 3 weeks - Mon- Fri
- Humm Buy Now, Pay Later and Q Mastercard are available to eligible applicants.
This course is designed for makeup artist’s who wish to learn a new set of skills with Special Effects makeup. A makeup artist is an important member of any production team and the more skills you have the more you are likely to succeed in this highly competitive Industry.
You'll be guided through the stages of creating realistic trauma makeup effects, along with learning product knowledge and up-to-date industry techniques.
All SPFX items used for recreating many different special effects will be provided for your use. You'll need to bring your own makeup brushes and consumables (tissues, wet ones, cotton buds, cotton pads etc) which are also available for purchase from our industry store, Makeup Collective.
- Course fees can be paid in full, with humm, or Q Mastercard. More information on course payment options is here.
- An exam is held at the end of your course and a certificate is issued to successful graduates.
- All students must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend the school. View our COVID-19 vaccination policy here.
Course Dates and Timetable
|October 2022||Mon-Fri||9.30am - 4.00pm||25 Oct 2022||15 Nov 2022||SPFX30|
This course is part of our Diploma in Film, TV, Fashion and SPFX.
Special Effects Course
- Industry product knowledge
- Subtle ageing makeup
- Theatrical ageing makeup
- Blood types and application
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree burns
- Tattoo application and coverage
- Dirtying down, sweat, sunburn, windburn, death makeup
- Bruising, old and new scars, cuts and scratches
- Stab wounds, bullet wounds and split lip
- Body painting
- Industry Standards
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and show evidence of this to attend the school.
Once a course has commenced all fees must be paid in full according to the payment option chosen.
You must be 16 years and over to attend this course. If under 18, your Application Form must be completed by your legal parent or guardian.
Once your application has been received you will be contacted by the school. Students applying for this course are required to attend an interview. If you are under 18 years of age a parent or guardian will need to attend the interview with you.
All students applying for this course are required to attend an interview.
This is an opportunity to discuss the course program and answer your questions. We’ll explain payment options along with any incidental course expenses and you are welcome to look around our studio and see our students in action.
If you are under 18 years of age a parent or guardian will need to attend the interview with you.
If accepted into the course we'll email you an Acceptance Letter outlining everything you need to complete your Registration, including details on paying your non-refundable registration fee to secure your place.
If the student withdraws from the course the following Withdrawal Fees apply:
- Course withdrawal 36 days or more prior to course commencement: The student will be refunded all monies paid for their course fee to date less the non-refundable Registration Fee.
- Course withdrawal 22 - 35 days prior to course commencement: The student will be refunded all monies paid for their course fee to date less a $300.00 Withdrawal Fee and the non-refundable Registration Fee.
- Course withdrawal 21 days or less prior to course commencement: The student will be refunded all monies paid for their course fee to date less a $400.00 Withdrawal Fee and the non-refundable Registration Fee.
Back to details Apply now